Orthopedics, or orthopedic surgery, is a medical specialty that focuses on the diagnosis, treatment, and surgical intervention related to disorders and injuries of the musculoskeletal system. This system includes bones, joints, ligaments, tendons, muscles, and other related structures.
Orthopedic surgeons, who are medical doctors with specialized training in orthopedics, are experts in managing a wide range of conditions, including fractures, joint injuries, sports injuries, degenerative diseases (e.g., osteoarthritis), congenital disorders, and musculoskeletal trauma. They use various diagnostic tools such as X-rays, MRI scans, and physical examinations to assess and diagnose these conditions.
Treatment options in orthopedics can vary and may include non-surgical approaches like physical therapy, medications, and lifestyle modifications. When surgery is necessary, orthopedic surgeons perform procedures to repair or replace damaged or dysfunctional musculoskeletal structures. The goal of orthopedics is to restore mobility, alleviate pain, and improve the overall function and quality of life for patients with musculoskeletal issues.
- On arrival, you will be greeted by our receptionist and asked to complete a Medical History form
- You will then be welcomed by Dr Lanka and taken into a private room to discuss your enquiries, assess you and determine the best options suited to you
- You will be offered a cooling-off period to make your decision
- You will be given a consent form to complete and sign, then Dr Lanka will carry out the procedure on a mutually agreed date if you wish to go ahead with the procedure
- You will be sent an aftercare form which you should follow strictly for the best results
- We will book you in for a two week review, to check up on you and how you are healing and discuss any further treatment
Disclaimer: Please be aware that results and benefits may vary from patient to patient taking into consideration factors such as age, lifestyle and medical history.