Aqualyx is an injectable solution which is capable of dissolving stubborn areas of subcutaneous fat resistant to diet and exercise. It contains a substance called desoxychol-acid which is found in bile salts in the human body, where it is responsible for digestion of fat. The Aqualyx molecule attaches itself to the membrane of fat cells in the area of injection, and starts to dissolve the membrane surrounding the cell. This causes the fat cell to become unstable and to break open. The fatty acids contained within the cell are then eliminated by macrophages (part of the body’s immune system). The fat is ultimately eliminated from the body by the liver.
In principle Aqualyx can be injected over the entire body except the area around the eyes. Some areas that are particularly suitable for treatment are shown in the picture.
There are some other interesting uses for Aqualyx:
- For those people who are regular gym goers but cannot shed the last bit of fat to define a six pack, Aqualyx can be used very successfully to give that definition.
- For people with lipomas, Aqualyx can be injected into these.
- For people with a buffalo hump, Aqualyx can be used to reduce the size of this.
- People with uneven lumps of fat after other treatments such as Vaser or liposuction can have smoothness restored with Aqualyx.
Aqualyx treatments are not generally covered by insurance when used for cosmetic purposes. Check with your insurance carrier for coverage details.
Redness Swelling Bleeding Pain at injection site Tenderness of area
- On arrival, you will be marked in as arrived by our Receptionist and seated in our reception area. New customers will be given a Medical History form to complete.
- Upon completion, you will be welcomed by Dr Lanka and taken into a private room for your consultation.
- During the consultation Dr Lanka will discuss your queries with you, take photos of you and your areas of concern, and give you an option of treatments or products that are most suited to you. From here, we offer you a cooling off period so that you can consider your options and decide whether to go ahead with a treatment. Alternatively, if you do not want a cooling off period and are ready to go ahead with the procedure, we can do this in the same appointment.
- You will be required to fill out and sign a consent form to agree to the treatment, and then Dr Lanka will carry out the procedure. Once completed, you will be shown the results and more photos will be taken. You will then return to the reception area and payment will be taken in cash or card. Please note: there is a 2% surcharge on ALL card payments. We will then arrange for you to come back and see us for a review two weeks after your treatment. Within this time you will need to strictly follow the aftercare given to you.
|Starting from £400
|Per 1 Extra Vial
Disclaimer: Please be aware that results and benefits may vary from patient to patient taking into consideration factors such as age, lifestyle and medical history.