a remarkable biological phenomenon, is responsible for the myriad of natural
colors observed in living organisms and substances. This intricate process
hinges on the presence and distribution of pigments—specialized molecules or
compounds that possess the remarkable ability to absorb and reflect light at
doing so, these pigments conjure the diverse spectrum of colors that we
perceive. In the context of humans and numerous other animals, melanin stands
out as a well-recognized and influential pigment.
plays a pivotal role in determining the coloration of skin, hair, and eyes,
with variations in its concentration contributing to the wide array of shades
that grace our species. Beyond melanin, the natural world boasts a plethora of
pigments, including chlorophyll in plants and carotenoids in fruits and
vegetables. These pigments serve critical roles in processes like
photosynthesis and nutrition.
regulation of pigmentation is a complex and finely orchestrated biological
process, subject to multifaceted influences. Factors such as exposure to
ultraviolet (UV) radiation, genetic predisposition, and underlying health
conditions can all influence pigmentation patterns.
its biological significance, pigmentation holds profound cultural, aesthetic,
and diagnostic importance. It permeates art, design, and fashion, allowing for
creativity and self-expression. Furthermore, it serves as a visual indicator of
health and disease states in living organisms, providing valuable diagnostic
clues to medical professionals.
essence, pigmentation is a mesmerizing testament to the intricate interplay of
biology and aesthetics, weaving vibrant colors into the tapestry of life and
- On arrival, you will be greeted by our receptionist and asked to complete a Medical History form
- You will then be welcomed by Dr Lanka and taken into a private room to discuss your enquiries, assess you and determine the best options suited to you
- You will be offered a cooling-off period to make your decision
- You will be given a consent form to complete and sign, then Dr Lanka will carry out the procedure on a mutually agreed date if you wish to go ahead with the procedure
- You will be sent an aftercare form which you should follow strictly for the best results
- We will book you in for a two week review, to check up on you and how you are healing and discuss any further treatment
Disclaimer: Please be aware that results and benefits may vary from patient to patient taking into consideration factors such as age, lifestyle and medical history.