Rheumatology is a medical specialty that focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions and diseases that affect the musculoskeletal system and often involve the immune system. Rheumatologists are medical doctors who specialize in the management of a wide range of disorders, including arthritis, autoimmune diseases, and inflammatory conditions.
These conditions can cause symptoms such as joint pain, stiffness, swelling, and can affect various parts of the body, including the joints, muscles, bones, and even internal organs. Rheumatologists use their expertise to diagnose these conditions through clinical evaluation, medical imaging, and laboratory tests. They then develop personalized treatment plans that may include medication, physical therapy, lifestyle modifications, and sometimes surgical interventions to help manage and alleviate the symptoms of these complex and often chronic diseases.
- On arrival, you will be greeted by our receptionist and asked to complete a Medical History form
- You will then be welcomed by Dr Lanka and taken into a private room to discuss your enquiries, assess you and determine the best options suited to you
- You will be offered a cooling-off period to make your decision
- You will be given a consent form to complete and sign, then Dr Lanka will carry out the procedure on a mutually agreed date if you wish to go ahead with the procedure
- You will be sent an aftercare form which you should follow strictly for the best results
- We will book you in for a two week review, to check up on you and how you are healing and discuss any further treatment
Disclaimer: Please be aware that results and benefits may vary from patient to patient taking into consideration factors such as age, lifestyle and medical history.