Skin Sense GP Clinic offers dermal filler injections for cheek, chin and jaw reshaping using cannula to add definition, contour and proportion to the face. All treatments are carried Dr S Lanka.
Cheek enhancements may be desirable either to improve the definition of the cheek bones or to lift the mid face due to loose skin and sagging. This treatment can also diminish the appearance of Nasolabial lines which then gives the face a fresher, more youthful look.
Chin and Jaw reshaping may be desired to reshape the face, lengthen the jaw line and improve definition.
Juvederm Voluma dermal fillers are alternatives to permanent implants which can be problematic as they sometimes cause infection or move. Although fat can be used to transfer into the face and add volume, Juvederm Voluma injections are the only method available to achieve a similar result without the need for surgery.
Dermal filler is injected in small amounts and in precise locations into your skin so that there is total control over the shape and contours created by the procedure.. During the procedure, you are fully awake. You hold a mirror and you are in complete control of the procedure’s results. A plan for regular follow-up treatments to maintain the initial result can be created for you. Our treatment provides a long-lasting but not permanent result leaving you the option of refining your treatment.
Filler treatments are not generally covered by insurance when used for cosmetic purposes. Check with your insurance carrier for coverage details.
The result is immediate and will last about up to 18 months. However, due to the immediate swelling from the procedure the final result will not be seen until about 3-4 weeks.
Topical anaesthetic will be applied for 20-30 minutes prior the treatment for additional comfort. You should eat and drink a lot of water before the procedure. Immediately after the treatment the treated area(s) will be quite red and mildly swollen. Patients may experience some swelling and mild discomfort in the treated area following their treatment and this may last up to 3 days.
- On arrival, you will be greeted by our receptionist and asked to complete a Medical History form
- You will then be welcomed by Dr Lanka and taken into a private room to discuss your enquiries, assess you and determine the best options suited to you
- You will be offered a cooling-off period to make your decision
- You will be given a consent form to complete and sign, then Dr Lanka will carry out the procedure on a mutually agreed date if you wish to go ahead with the procedure
- You will be sent an aftercare form which you should follow strictly for the best results
- We will book you in for a two week review, to check up on you and how you are healing and discuss any further treatment
Disclaimer: Please be aware that results and benefits may vary from patient to patient taking into consideration factors such as age, lifestyle and medical history.