What is Scalp Micropigmentation?
SMP uses a safe medical grade ink to replicate follicles on the scalp.
Follicle simulation can disguise hair loss issues, as well as being an ideal alternative to other hair restoration treatments.
The SMP process involves tiny dots being tattooed onto the scalp in layers over several weeks, building the look you want safely and gradually.
SMP is a minimally invasive treatment and is very safe when carried out professionally by an experienced and fully trained practitioner. Our technicians are experienced and fully trained by the Finishing Touches group, leaders in SMP. Our Technicians will provide a full consultation and take a full medical history to ensure the treatment is right for you. A Patch test is required for all clients before treatment can start. All inks are safe and purchased from a reliable and professional source, each with its own traceable production identity code. Fully advice is given on pre and post treatment care.
SMP is generally very well tolerated. Most clients can sit through a procedure without any discomfort or with minimal discomfort. No anaesthetic is needed and clients can return to work or usual lifestyle activities with no down time.
SMP results can last from 3 – 7 years, depending on lifestyle and sun exposure. Advice on after care and maintaining results is given at time of treatment. A top up is often recommended after 18 months to keep the results looking fresh where there has been a lot of sun exposure without SPF.
Scalp Micropigmentation is suitable for both men and women with hair loss concerns or hair thinning. For anyone who has had a failed hair transplant, for whom surgery is not suitable, or for the look of added density following hair restoration surgery. It is also used for trauma or surgical scar coverage & scarring Alopecia. The procedure can be used to treat a very small area or the entire scalp, giving the illusion of a full head of hair follicles.
- On arrival, you will be greeted by our receptionist and asked to complete a Medical History form
- You will then be welcomed by Dr Lanka and taken into a private room to discuss your enquiries, assess you and determine the best options suited to you
- You will be offered a cooling-off period to make your decision
- You will be given a consent form to complete and sign, then Dr Lanka will carry out the procedure on a mutually agreed date if you wish to go ahead with the procedure
- You will be sent an aftercare form which you should follow strictly for the best results
- We will book you in for a two week review, to check up on you and how you are healing and discuss any further treatment
How much is Scalp Micropigmentation?
The cost of SMP differs depending on the size of the area being treated.
As a general guide, a small area such as a small scar coverage is from £500 and a full scalp coverage is from £1,500.
|Future top up treatments are from
Disclaimer: Please be aware that results and benefits may vary from patient to patient taking into consideration factors such as age, lifestyle and medical history.