Menopause is the natural process a woman goes through in her 40s-60s, where her periods stop and she is no longer able to conceive a child naturally. Occasionally, a woman can go through the menopausal process before the age of 40, which is known as premature menopause.
Symptoms of menopause include:
- Hot flushes
- Night sweats
- Stopping of the period
- Vaginal dryness
- Discomfort during sex
- Difficulty sleeping
- Low mood and/or anxiety
- Reduced sex drive
- Problems with memory and concentration
This can be a very emotional and personal time for a woman, which is why here at Skin Sense GP Clinic we offer professional information, advice and support when going through these changes.
Treatments for menopausal symptoms can include:
- CBT (Cognitive Behavioural Therapy)
- Vaginal creams/lubricants for vaginal dryness
- Staying fit and healthy improving diet and increasing exercise
- Hormone Replacement Therapy in the form of tablets, skin patches, gels and implants.