PLEX R is an innovative technology which utilises plasma – formed through ionisation of atmospheric gasses – to stimulate instant contraction and tightening of skin fibers. This technology does not use scalpel or laser to remove excess skin, it simply vapourises the skin which has produced fine lines, sagging or excess tissue. Here at Skin Sense GP Clinic in Chelmsford we favour this non-surgical method as this procedure avoids many of the risks associated with traditional intervention, providing a quick and easy recovery. The treatment is performed without cutting or need of stitches, and leaves no scarring.
This method is most often used for Non-Surgical Blepharoplasty and mole/skin tag removal, however it also has a massive range of uses from skin tightening to tattoo removal.
Non-Surgical Blepharoplasty Skin Tightening Moles & Skin Tags Tattoo removal Birthmarks/Scars/Keloids Stretch marks Dilated Periumbilical
The treatment is performed through dots made with the Plexr device at 500 microns apart to stimulate instant contraction and tightening of the skin fibres. Each of these dots sublimates (which means to change a substance from a solid into a gas) the superficial skin cells without affecting an important deeper layer known as the basal lamina, without causing bleeding and more importantly without damaging surrounding tissue.
Patients are required to attend the appointment 30 minutes prior to the actual treatment to have topical numbing cream applied to the area to be treated to minimise the risk of discomfort during the procedure. Immediately after the treatment the treated area(s) will be quite red and mildly swollen. Patients may experience some swelling and mild discomfort in the treated area following their treatment and this may last up to 3 days. At the site of each dot of treatment a carbon crust immediately forms. These crusts should not be touched for 5-7 days except to camouflage them with oxygenating post-procedure foundation. We recommend Oxygenetix for this purpose.
Usually you will just need the one session for exceptional improvement, however in some cases you will need up to 3 treatments on thw area to get your desired results.
Redness Carbon crust Swelling Weeping Infection Bleeding Scabbing scarring
Patients who are pregnant, breastfeeding. Those with sensitive skin.
Plexr treatments are not generally covered by insurance when used for cosmetic purposes. Check with your insurance carrier for coverage details.
- On arrival, you will be greeted by our receptionist and asked to complete a Medical History form
- You will then be welcomed by Dr Lanka and taken into a private room to discuss your enquiries, assess you and determine the best options suited to you
- You will be offered a cooling-off period to make your decision
- You will be given a consent form to complete and sign, then Dr Lanka will carry out the procedure on a mutually agreed date if you wish to go ahead with the procedure
- You will be sent an aftercare form which you should follow strictly for the best results
- We will book you in for a two week review, to check up on you and how you are healing and discuss any further treatment
|Other Procedures with PLEXR
|Smokers Lines upper lip
|Smokers Lines lower lip
|Skin tag removal
Disclaimer: Please be aware that results and benefits may vary from patient to patient taking into consideration factors such as age, lifestyle and medical history.