mole, scientifically known as a nevus, is a prevalent skin formation made up of
pigmented cells that can manifest as various types, such as flat, raised, or
even slightly bumpy spots on the skin's surface. These pigment-producing cells,
called melanocytes, give moles their distinct coloration, which can range from
light brown to dark black.
often emerge during childhood or adolescence and can be found on virtually any
part of the body.
most cases, moles are entirely benign and pose no immediate health concerns.
They are typically harmless skin features that may persist unchanged throughout
one's lifetime. However, it's crucial to be aware that while most moles are
innocuous, some may require vigilant monitoring due to the possibility of
evolving into atypical or cancerous growths, particularly melanoma.
self-examinations and professional skin assessments are pivotal in discerning
any alterations in moles that might raise suspicions of skin cancer. These
changes might encompass modifications in size, shape, color, or texture. Timely
detection and diagnosis are vital in such instances, as early intervention
significantly improves treatment outcomes.
summary, moles are a common occurrence on the skin, characterized by pigmented
cells. While the vast majority are harmless, some necessitate continuous
observation to ensure any potential issues are identified promptly,
underscoring the importance of regular skin examinations and vigilance in skin
- On arrival, you will be greeted by our receptionist and asked to complete a Medical History form
- You will then be welcomed by Dr Lanka and taken into a private room to discuss your enquiries, assess you and determine the best options suited to you
- You will be offered a cooling-off period to make your decision
- You will be given a consent form to complete and sign, then Dr Lanka will carry out the procedure on a mutually agreed date if you wish to go ahead with the procedure
- You will be sent an aftercare form which you should follow strictly for the best results
- We will book you in for a two week review, to check up on you and how you are healing and discuss any further treatment
Disclaimer: Please be aware that results and benefits may vary from patient to patient taking into consideration factors such as age, lifestyle and medical history.