- PRP is a relatively new addition to the list of hair loss treatments.
- The theory is that platelets store growth factors to help stimulate wound healing and tissue growth where it is needed and these platelets are contained in ones blood in varying concentrations.
- So, if you take patient’s own platelets and re-inject them back into an area that needs healing and growth, the body’s own mechanisms will improve the regeneration of the tissue in that area.
- PRP injections have been verifiably used to help the growth and healing of slow growing tissues like bones and teeth.
- The process involves collecting blood from the patients arm, separating the platelets from the rest of the blood components via a centrifuge, extracting the platelets along with plasma and injecting the required area with the PRP.
- It is useful to remember that like most treatments, some patients have great results and others have results that are not as significant.
- A course of treatments are required and also, like all medical hair treatments it may require ongoing maintenance treatments.
PRP treatments are not generally covered by insurance when used for cosmetic purposes. Check with your insurance carrier for coverage details.
Patients who are pregnant, breastfeeding. Those with sensitive skin and tend to bleed a lot.
Redness and swelling is COMMON Skin infections are “LESS COMMON” readily treated with antibiotics Scarring is VERY RARE Pain at injection sight Itching and irritant
You should see improvement from the first session after 6 weeks, and it is suggested to have one PRP Treatment every 2-4 weeks to start with and then once a month after that. Results improve with sessions and have an infinite lasting period. PRP treatments do not wear off.
Patients should avoid use of the following products and procedures on the area to be treated for 5-7 days prior to the procedure: Laser hair removal Waxing Depilatory creams Electrolysis
A sequence of injections just under the skins surface, where cell repair and growth occurs, including vitamins, mineral, amino-acids, plant extracts and homeopathic medicines. As these are all essential components for healthy skin and hair cells, this treatment improves circulation, manages superficial wrinkles, replace lost vitamins and improves dull, lifeless skin from the first treatment and growth factors.
PRP is used in our Vampire Facials, to rejuvenate and renew the skin surface. PRP is also used for effective natural hair growth.
- On arrival, you will be marked in as arrived by our Receptionist and seated in our reception area. New customers will be given a Medical History form to complete.
- Upon completion, you will be welcomed by Dr Lanka and taken into a private room for your consultation.
- During the consultation Dr Lanka will discuss your queries with you, take photos of you and your areas of concern, and give you an option of treatments or products that are most suited to you. From here, we offer you a cooling off period so that you can consider your options and decide whether to go ahead with a treatment.
- You will be required to fill out and sign a consent form to agree to the treatment, and then Dr Lanka will carry out the procedure. Once completed, you will be shown the results and more photos will be taken.
- We will then arrange for you to come back and see us for a review two weeks after your treatment. Within this time you will need to strictly follow the aftercare given to you.
|Course of 3 Sessions:
Disclaimer: Please be aware that results and benefits may vary from patient to patient taking into consideration factors such as age, lifestyle and medical history.